Every grade 7-12 student will receive this information in the form of a PRSD Mental Health Postcard during Mental Health Awareness Week (May 3-7, 2021).
Life isn’t always easy, and we all have different mental and emotional challenges and needs. Getting support for your heart and mind is just as important as going to a doctor for a broken bone or any health concern. It’s not always comfortable to talk about your problems, but it is very important that we all do. You are not a burden, you are not alone, and we are here, and happy to help. EVERYONE needs help sometimes.
Here are some ways you can get help:
On the phone
- To talk with a live counsellor 24/7: 1-800-668-6868 or Text 686-868
- To talk with a First Nations Metis and Inuit Hope for Wellness counsellor: 1-877-209-1266
- If you are thinking of harming yourself: 1-888-787-2880
- If you are having troubles with drugs/alcohol: 1-866-332-2322
- If someone is physically hurting you: 1-800-387-5437
- If you want to find out about supports in your area: 1-877-303-2642
- Your principal, teacher or any trusted adult at your school.
- Youth Education Support Worker, Success Coach or Family Liaison Worker (every school has a designated support person with one of these titles that are here to support you)
- Peace River School Division Social Workers: Ask your principal to connect you with a Social Worker
- Mental Health Walk-in Clinic Peace River: 780-624-6151 - Walk-in clinic on Thursdays. Call between 8-9 am to book a session for the same day.
- To chat live online with a counsellor 24/7: www.kidshelpphone.ca or Text 686-868
- To chat live online with people your own age: calgaryconnectteen.com