The Division is happy to announce that, along with every student having the opportunity to write messages of appreciation on a "You Matter to Us" card for their parent, guardian or caregiver, they will have school-based activities and demonstrations of appreciation during the week-long Parents Matter Appreciation Week celebrations (November 15–19, 2021).
This special week gives students and staff the opportunity to thank parents, guardians, and caregivers for their important role in student learning, success, and well-being.
Parents Matter Appreciation Week List of School Activities:
Monday, November 15
- E E Oliver - posters lining the 4 sides of our playground
- Springfield - cards go home to kick off Parents Matter Week
- Dixonville - students will create and write messages on a banner
Tuesday, November 16
- E E Oliver - art project thanking parents
- Dixonville - students write thank you letters
Wednesday, November 17
- Fairview & Area Learning Store - hosting a Pizza Lunch from 12:15-1pm
- Hines Creek Comp - Hot chocolate and donuts in the parent drive through loop in the morning
- E E Oliver - students take cards home
- Dixonville - bring your parent to Sports Program (extracurricular activities)
Thursday, November 18
- E E Oliver - fill out a form about their family
- Dixonville - 'Dress like your parent' Spirit Day
Friday, November 19
- E E Oliver - thank you mints sent home and School Wide Video on FB
- Springfield - dress like your parent day
- Dixonville - video posted on social media
In addition to the above scheduled activities, some schools have additional celebrations planned:
- Spirit Day - Dress as Your Parent
- Video Testimonials on Facebook page: "Why my Parents Matter"
- Gold Medal Template with PRSD Parent's Matter Card for messages
- Creating special thank you's via social media
- Create PRSD appreciation cards
- Receive a coupon to the local theatre to encourage spending family time together.
Red Earth Creek
- Sending home the divisionally provided cards
- Coffee & donuts for parents at drop off
- Facebook video post of students describing why their parents matter to them
T.A. Norris (events organized by the Top Wolves)
- Thank you messages for facebook
- Instructions for a photo scavenger hunt
- Bingo Ideas
- Dance competition
- Interview Questions for parents that students would initiate
- PRSD cards
- Family display- children will be asked to bring in a photo and/or family art project to be displayed in our showcase by the gym.
- All about my parents booklet- will be done by each child and brought home when completed.
- Parent lunch prepared by the Student Council - provided over a 3 day period