Divisional Social Workers

The School Social Work program provides short-term supportive assistance to students and their families who are experiencing difficulties and require support at school.  It is available free of charge to students between 5 and 19 who are attending Peace River School Division schools.  

Referrals to the School Social Worker (SW) can be made by:

  • Parents or guardians
  • School staff
  • The student

The SW will determine the need of the student and will contact the parent/guardian.  A meeting with the student will be arranged at the school that the student attends.

If the SW determines that the student’s needs are beyond their scope of practice, or beyond the mandate of the program, the SW will recommend alternate community supports.

Contact Us