PRSD Playgrounds and Sportsfields to reopen June 5, 2020
Peace River School Division (PRSD), along with local Municipalities, would like to inform the public that as of June 5, 2020, playgrounds and sportsfields at PRSD schools will be open to public use.
There will be signage placed at the playground locations; we ask that you follow the guidelines for usage, which are detailed below.
Guidelines for Usage
With playgrounds reopening, the threat of COVID-19 remains. All playground users must exercise caution and continue to adhere to the following public health orders and personal safety guidelines:
- Keep at least two metres (six feet) away from people from other households.
- Avoid large groups and gatherings.
- Gatherings over 50 remain prohibited, as per AHS guidelines.
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Limit the use of the amenities at busy times.
- Stay home if feeling unwell with no exceptions.
- Caution should be taken around common touchpoints; proper hand hygiene should be practiced
- Carry and use an approved hand sanitizer.
- Wear a mask in public places to help limit the risk of spread to others if you will be within 2 metres of people other than members of your own household.