Registering Your Child for the School Bus
The Government of Alberta funds School Boards to provide transportation to a resident student, if the resident student resides more than 2.4 km from their designated school. In addition, the Government of Alberta does not require School Boards to transport students residing less than 2.4 km from their designated school. However, Peace River School Division, in co-operative agreements with Holy Family Catholic Regional Division, Grande Prairie Catholic School District and Conseil scolaire du Nord-Ouest will transport the student less than 2.4 km from their designated school if room is available on the school bus and they purchase a bus pass.
- Designated school - the school in which a Board, not a parent, has directed a resident student
- Resident student – a student within the Board/Divisional boundary, in which the student’s parent resides
Please note: if each parent is a resident of a different school district or division, the parents shall choose in writing their primary division/district.
Students can be registered online through BusPlanner HERE
- Click on the yellow Parents – Schedule & Registration link, which will ask you for your student’s information to begin the process.
- To be directed to the registration form, click on the Forms tab
- Indicated directly below is the Peace River School Division Transportation: School Bus Registration link.
You may also contact our office directly at 780-624-3006 or 1-800-816-4711.
Out of Boundary Students (also known as School of Choice)
If a student is enrolled in a school but does not reside in the attendance/transportation service for that school, the student or the parent shall provide transportation of the student
- to and from the school attended, or
- to and from a designated stop on a bus route in the transportation service area for that school, or
- between the site of the school and a point nearest the students residence on a bus route in the transportation service area for that school
- To see which School Attendance/Transportation boundary you reside in, enter your physical address from our BusPlanner website after clicking on the “Which School Attendance/Transportation Boundary do I reside in?” link.
- Out of bound students will be directed to apply on BusPlanner for approval, before they are permitted to ride the school bus.
Please note a bus pass fee will be charged if the child resides less than 2.4 km from their designated school.
Bus Pass Fees
Per Student $450.00
Family Rate (3+) $1,125.00
ECS Noon Busing discontinued
Full payments are encouraged, however if you require an instalment plan, the option is available on SchoolCash, only. Instalment plans are not available through the Transportation Office. Method of payments accepted are:
- Visa – Mastercard – Debit
- SchoolCash Online
If you have financial hardships please contact the school’s Divisional Office your child attends:
- Peace River School Division – 780-624-3601
- Holy Family Catholic Regional Division – 780-624-3956
- Grande Prairie Catholic School District – 780-532-3013
- Conseil scolaire du Nord-Ouest – 780-624-8855
Students will be unable to board the school bus until payment has been scheduled in SchoolCash or paid in FULL at the Transportation Office.
- Interschool busing is a free service offered by the Board/Division for the student to be transported from one school to another school within the same community.
- Interschool is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and only if room permits.
- Students registered for Interschool busing are de-assigned from the route at the end of every year school year, therefore parents are encouraged to re-register annually if they choose to use this service.
- To register for interschool busing please register through BusPlanner and indicate your Transportation service required for: “Alternate/Interschool”
- Our registration process is now online where you can register in the convenience of your own home 24/7
- During our peak times (mid-August to mid-October) and at the end of each month, please register 5-10 business days ahead of time to avoid any service delays
- Know your rural address (blue or green sign at the end of your driveway) or civic/physical address (10510 89 St) for the registration process. Apologies as our software program does not accept legal land locations (NE32 82 24 W5). This is to ensure we register your child on the correct bus and receive the correct amount of funding from the Government of Alberta.
- If your child has any special needs, medical or behavioural conditions, please advise our office so we can make any special arrangements
- If you are purchasing a bus pass please make sure you have your credit card or banking information available to enter on our secure webpage
- Show your child where his or her bus stop is located and how to get there. If parents are not comfortable with allowing their child to walk alone to and from the stop, parents may want to seek arrangements for a bus buddy from their neighbourhood.
- A bus driver is only permitted to let students off at their designated stop, unless written documentation has been authorized from the school.
- Bus Drivers are not permitted to relocate stops. The School Board has set out criteria in which the department is required to follow when stops are being created
- School bus delays and cancellations may be viewed by visiting www.prsd.ab.ca or any PRSD school website by clicking on the “Routes” school bus icon at the top of the webpages. You may also include your email for a subscription to any school bus Delays & Cancellations.
- For further information on Transportation please refer to the Peace River School website or call (780) 624-3006 or toll free 1-800-816-4711